Austin House & Asquith Hall
Why Invest in Leeds?
- Leeds is the largest financial district outside of London
- The Universities in Leeds can only provide accommodation to just 24% of students
- Total Student Population in Leeds: Over 60,000
- Leeds is one of the 'core markets which remains structurally under-supplied' with student accommodation, according to Knight Frank's '2014 Student Property' Report.
Between 2006 and 2012, the cost of student accommodation has increased by a massive 53%.
No wonder the student sector has been ranked by The Times as 'top asset class in the UK's property market.'
Asquith and Austin House Student Investment
This luxurious ideally located student accommodation will have 128 en-suite bedrooms and 28 studios and Austin Hall has 114 en-suite bedrooms and 28 studios.
IAll student bedrooms are arranged in apartments of 4 and 6 bedrooms, each sharing a communal area complete with kitchen, dining area and lounge.
The shared communal areas in each cluster unit will be equipped with:
- Fully fitted luxury kitchen
- Fitted oven hob and extractor
- Fridge Freezer
- Breakfast bar and seating
- Lounge with sofas and flat screen TV
Studio rooms contain their own kitchenette.
Asquith House and Austin Hall both have a laundry room and bicycle storage area
Situated on Servia Road, the site is a convenient 5 minute walk to The University of Leeds and Leeds Metropolitan University campuses and just a 10 minute walk to the city centre.
Being so close to both main university campuses, students will benefit from living and studying within a thriving student hub with an abundant of cafes, bars, restaurants and shops. Asquith Hall and Austin House is certainly the ideal base for students to live and enjoy the best of student living.
Both buildings are named after leading figures in British history that were born and bred in Leeds. Asquith House is named after former Prime Minister Herbert Henry Asquith, who served as the Liberal Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1908 to 1916. Austin Hall is named after the English poet Alfred Austin who was appointed Poet Laureate in 1896.
Student Accommodation Investment is Very Popular with Properties of the World Clients
At Properties of the World our clients are demanding UK student accommodation investments. 7 days a week, and even on Bank Holidays, we receive phone calls and e-mails from buyers all over the world wanting to invest in a student accommodation unit(s).
We find that student accommodation is a preferred property investment for our buyers for the following reasons:
- They tell us they are getting less than a 2% interest on their bank savings. They are fed up with their savings losing real value.
- Whilst student accommodation offers much higher returns for them of 8%/9% NET Assured.
- The student accommodation returns are NET so our buyers don't have to worry about any unexpected bills, such as a plumbery's or builder's bill.
- Student accommodation is a fully managed and hands off investment. They don't want the hassle or worry of: ringing the plumber or builder; dealing with a non-paying tenant or one that has 'trashed' the property; or finding a tenant for the property.
- They recognise there is a high demand for purpose built, high standard student accommodation property in many of the university cities in the UK, making student accommodation a safe and secure investment that is viable as an investment over the long-term.
- For all of the aforementioned reasons, student accommodation gives our buyers 'peace of mind' and a reassurance they have made the 'right decision'.
Most of our investors are decisive and take immediate action to secure the property as they recognise that if they don't, the student accommodation will sell out.
Easy Purchase Procedure
1. Firstly, the buyer selects a unit and complete reservation form, paying a reservation fee of £3,000.
2. Instruct solicitor
3. The payment will be structured in three instalments:
Pay 50% deposit (less reservation fee) to exchange contracts
Stage payment of 30%
Final payment of 20% on completion
Estimated completion date January 2015.
Asquith and Austin Hall are cash purchases and cannot be bought with bank finance.
Get in touch to chat or to secure a unit(s).
We look forward to hearing from you.
Director Properties of the World Ltd